About Siloam Missionary Homes http://www.siloamhomes.org/
What is Siloam Missionary Homes?
Siloam Missionary Homes is a ministry that was incorporated in February 1992 to minister to the housing needs of missionaries. The mission’s goal is to provide a comfortable, tastefully decorated, completely furnished home for weary, tired and yes, at times, sick missionaries. Siloam wants to meet the need for missionaries to find refuge and rest, a place to be together as a family, and to be refreshed, renewed and ready for their return to serve the Lord in the region He called them to. SMH is governed by a board of directors whose desire is to meet this goal.
Where is it located?
Siloam Missionary Homes is located in Snow Camp, in a gated village on 33 acres in the heart of North Carolina, between Chapel Hill and Greensboro. Click here for Map and Directions.
About the homes
There are 14 homes on the property. Twelve of these homes are for missionaries, two are staff homes. Each of the homes is tastefully decorated. They range from a 576 sq. ft. efficiency apartment to 3,000-sq. ft. 4 bedroom, 3 bath homes. The houses are completely furnished with appliances, washer and dryer, dishes, pots and pans, linens, towels, TV and DVD. All of the utilities and phones are turned on and ready for the missionary family to move in.
The basis of the doctrinal standards of Siloam Missionary Homes shall be the historic Christian faith as contained in the Holy Bible.
- We believe the scriptures of the Old and New Testament are verbally inspired by God, and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in Three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true Man.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature, and in the case of those who reach normal responsibility, become sinners in thought, word and deed.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood.
- We believe in “that Blessed Hope”, the personal and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the saved unto everlasting life and blessedness in the presence of God, and the resurrection of the unsaved unto everlasting conscious punishment in hell.